First off, please watch our video (posted below). While we have since received a CBO analysis (not good at ALL–and even worse than many expected), we still need Representative Mast to state his position on Trumpcare. As his constituents, we demand he answer us.
How To Resist Trumpcare (summarized from dailykos.com)
The Republican health care plan will increase health care costs for the average person by $1,500 a year. And that number is even worse for older Americans.
Here’s what you can do:
- Share your story! Are you one of the millions who would be impacted by repeal of the Affordable Care Act? Share your story at ACAWorks.org.
- Call your member of Congress at (202) 224-3121 or visit Mast’s local office in Port St Lucie and demand he tell us where he stands on Trumpcare. You can get all the relevant numbers for your reps right here, and we will also be adding the numbers of Mast, Rubio and Nelson to the sidebar. (Nelson has already come out against the GOP replacement bill.)
- If you’re on twitter, follow @CAPAction as they will hold members accountable for putting forward policies that directly hurt their constituents.
- Go to ResistanceNearMe.org to find an event near you to protest the GOP’s repeal bill.
- Join IndivisibleMartin’s FB group, and join up with our HealthCare sub-committee, which will work to push our reps to give Americans healthcare insurance that is affordable AND useful. We will be discussing the sub-committees at our upcoming monthly meeting (join the Facebook group, or our newsletter below for weekly-ish updates):
Subscribe to our mailing list